Sunday, July 22, 2012

Why Hello There

Why hello there and welcome to my new blog.  While this is a new blog I am not new to blogging.  I used to blog on skurdycat.com and then penguintarts.com  Don't ask, it was about 8 years ago and the names made sense somehow back then.

I went to lunch with my mom today and we started talking about blogging.  She is getting ready to retire and wants to blog about all of the crafts that she does and how she is going to be enjoying retirement.  I'm jealous and also nowhere NEAR retirement.  So I will have to live vicariously through her.

So why am I starting a blog?  I need a place to put all of my crap without clogging up my Facebook feed.  I like to post movie reviews, book reviews, recipes, random stuff that makes me laugh or makes me mad, and anything else that strikes my fancy.  I hesistate to say my "crafts" because I swear I am slowly turning into my mother and I swore I would never do crafts when I grew up. 

This blog will be very light as I need a place to have some happiness.  No, I am not depressed.  Let me explain.  I am currently in grad school studying Forensic Science which means that a large portion of my times is being captivated by the darkest side of humanity.  So this will be a happy and smily outlet.  While yes, Crime and Punishment is a passion for me, I need to have balance.

This will be my balance.   :) 

Feel free to stop in and say hello.

JJ


2 comments:

  1. HIIIII JJ! :) Yay, I'm glad you started a blog, I will be your most faithful reader. You're a great writer, but more importantly, you're freakin hilarious, and it will be fun to read about what you're up to.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Butterbean! Yay I have a fan! Between reading each others blogs it will almost be like we have hung out again LOL. Keep up the chaos!

      Delete